The National Conference of Black Lawyers' mission is to serve as the legal arm of the movement for Black Liberation, to protect human rights, to achieve self-determination of Africa and African Communities in the Diaspora and to work in coalition to assist in ending oppression of all peoples.
Our Goals include:
- Providing legal support to individuals and groups consistent with its mission.
- Providing professional development support to legal workers, including lawyers, legal assistants, law students and others involved in work consistent with its mission.
- Developing and participating in delegations to national and international conferences or programs that address issues pertaining to the organization’s mission.
- Creating educational programs for the public on matters of concern consistent with the organization’s mission.
- Working in coalition and cooperation with other organizations, groups and individuals who support the principles and mission of the NCBL.